Friday, October 14, 2011

Failed TV Show Reboots

With the recent cancellation of the Charlie's Angels reboot. I ended up looking up some of my other favorite 70s icons. After doing so I have decided to give some credit to the Angels reboot, in that it actually got made into a series.

Here's just a few reboots that never ended up making it on the air.

1. WONDER WOMAN 2011 David E. Kelly pilot:


To be honest, this one wasn't bad. Well, if you excuse The Notebook scene which I felt was a bit much (then again with all my female friends it's also very realistic). The whole corporate angle didn't really phase me (then again I consider this a continuation of the 1975 The New Adventures of Wonder Woman series, though I don't believe it is). Sometimes, I felt we lingered a little too much in that world that the show lost focus on where it should be. But, the themes brought out through her corporation were really nice. The connection of loneliness and sacrifice between a non-human superhero and a corporate working woman really came through. Also, GREAT casting with Adrianne Palicki.

Special Note: She doe NOT wear the 'pants suit' throughout the entire pilot.

2. WONDER WOMAN (Who's Afraid of Diana Prince?) 1967:


 

Cute, but ridiculous. The clip is all there is and truth be told, is all I could handle. Not surprised that it didn't get developed further. Thankfully in 1975 they took a real crack at it and hence we ended up with ever classic Lynda Carter version =)

3. ELECTRA WOMAN 2001


 


Much like the Charlie's Angels films, this show took a look at its campy predecessor and decided to instead dive into the realm of comedy. Which, could have been a stroke of genious, had it been done properly. What we really are left with is an unfunny show with elements of Power Rangers and My Life is Earl, revolving around two unlikable characters (though I must admit I liked seeing Markie Post in the role of Electra Woman). Even the clutter of superhero cameos (Aquaman and The Flash) couldn't save this.

No comments:

Post a Comment